MOC Monday - Capes and Cowls cafe

I started MOC Mondays as a way to keep building without buying new sets during the lockdown period.

This didn't exactly go as planned as I still ended up buying as many sets as usual. The MOC work continued though and today we have the turn of the 'Capes and Cowls Cafe'


This was the set as it was intended (more or less) from 401231. This set from the 'LEGO DC girls' theme originally belonged to my daughter but she kindly donated it to the parts box not long after she originally got it.


I've been re-building as many of these older sets as I can, and after test fitting this one in the city, I just wasn't happy with it as it was.

After a bit of trial and error, this is the design I ended up with.


The cafe is now a full building rather than an open back, much more in fitting with the style of my city. The sloped red roof is the part, I feel still needs some work. I was, again, working with the parts I had available... At least the red compliments the red parts used from the original build .



There is a small seating area in front of the main window, and the roof is removable, modular style, allowing easy access to the interior.


I have Black Canary from the LEGO Batman movie CMF series working in here at the moment (It is a DC set after all) and I've incorporated a few elements from the set in here, most notably the coffee machine, the cash register and of course, the arcade cabinet.


The floor is fully tiled, white and Red 2x2 for the customer area and 1x1 white and orange for the staff area. There is more seating for 2 minifigs inside (Again, drafted in from the original set)



The nice, large windows mean the diners get a nice view while they eat their pizza.


The display shelves sticker has also made it's way across to the MOC and can be seen through the other large window.


I'm undecided whether to keep these stickered stools or swap them out for regular chairs.

This one may go through a few more changes before I finally place it in the city, I'm waiting for a base plate delivery, and this building (like my Previous modulars) Is 16 wide so can easily be expanded with additional floors and converted to a bigger building. Stay tuned to the blog and social media for future updates on this MOC.



Thanks for looking as always....

Don't forget to check out the Facebook page and Instagram. for additional posts



Comments