Moc Monday - Treats stand and apartment

Lockdown continues..

..and so does the MOC work. Due to the ongoing crisis, I'm still not buying any bigger sets for review but I'm still using the downtime to continue work on the city.

You may have looked at my Previous build of the jewellery store on a 16x32 base. That building has now been transplanted to a 32x32 plate and joined by a new neigbour in the 'Treats stand' with an upstairs apartment.


Both the previous build and the treat stand are build to be 16 studs wide. 



The fascia of the treats store is, of course adapted from the Powerpuff girls set 4122 I reviewed here Previously I commented on the bright colours used here and I tried to continue that aesthetic Into the full build while still making a realistic looking building. 


Although there is still work to do inside, I have already added extra inventory to the store.  I call it a 'Treat stand' as despite the brick built ice cream cone used as a sign, the store also sells cupcakes and other tasty treats!


The white door to the right reveals a staircase which leads to the next floor and the apartment.


Again, there is still interior work to do here, the yellow seating and table with flowers are just a test fit, I still need to add a staircase up to the top floor which is currently empty. The tiling on top of the walls is also mixed colour as I'm using parts from my existing inventory.


In contrast to the overgrown garden of their neighbour, the back yard area has been kept pretty plain. A tiled patio and brick built barbecue are the only details.

I will leave you with a shot of the new buildings, now added into the city.


I will likely not keep the Diner next to it, as A full building will cover the less attractive side better.

That's all for this brief update, check back again soon as I continue to work on the city.

Thanks for looking as always....

Don't forget to check out the Facebook page and Instagram. for additional posts

Comments