MOC Monday - Modular jewellery Store.

Welcome to MOC Monday 


With the current ongoing situation with covid19, I am not currently buying any LEGO for build or review, but I have plenty of loose bricks so I will be using this time to concentrate on MOC's.

Regular readers will remember my Previous attempt at a full size modular. While I was initially pleased with the build, the limited space inside meant I couldn't add a lot of interior details.

After some deliberation, I decided to disassemble my modular and split the build into separate, individual buildings.

The first of these is now complete and ready to be added to the city.


The jewellery store is built on a 16x32 baseplate. The ground floor once again uses some of the fascia from 70902 but now has a full interior.


Aside from the 2 jewels in the window display  there are another 2 mounted on the wall to the left (not a wide selection!) The entire store is tiled In white. Behind the counter is a doorway that leads to a small storage room under the stairs.


There is a small build to represent storage draws tucked away in here.

The rear passage out of the store leads to the back garden area.


I tried to make the garden as overgrown and wild as possible, there is a pathway that I tried to make look cobbled, there is a small table where a cat is currently resting and a dustbin. The back door features a overhang and a wall mounted lamp.

The 1st floor is the living area, it's a fairly basic layout.


There is an armchair and table in the living room and a wall mounted screen (Just a green tile for now) there is a separate bathroom area where I managed to cram in a shower, toilet and a sink.


The top floor is accessible by a ladder and is designated as a sleeping area. I have yet to build the bed so there is a sofa I had lying around in the place where the bed will go.


The black roof was a good way to use some of those minifig base plates and there is a small, simple skylight. I used white studs along the front of the roof for some extra detailing.


The architectural design was inspired by a LEGO friends set I recently built with my daughter (41365 - Emma's Art Studio) I'm particularly pleased with how my take on it came out.



If you have any thoughts or criticisms, please let me know in the comments below, or over on the Facebook page or Instagram


Thanks for looking as always.. 

Comments