LEGO Movie 2 - Good Morning Sparkle Babies! Quick Look



I picked up this small, £9 set  (set no. 70847) over the weekend as (I'm ashamed to say) I didn't have an Emmet minifig in my collection at all, and I only have a 'Wild West Wyldstyle' from the CMF series that accompanied the first Lego Movie.



This set, based on the sequel, was a good way to get them both for my city, as well as the awesome Sparkle Babies! and a few other extra elements.


Given the low price point and meager 50 piece part count, this is a small and very basic set, the included characters are clearly the selling point here.

Inside the box, we get 2 small unnumbered bags of parts, and, of course, the obligatory instruction booklet.

Apart from the figures, what we get here is basically a launcher for the brick built Star figure (you can also attach one of the babies to the projectile by removing the Star's face plate, if you want to launch them both together)


You can see in this build pic that the shovel piece on a lever is used as the catapulting mechanism! It's a simple, rudimentary play feature but it does the job. Everything else on the small base plate is just decoration.


On to the Main event! The minifigs themselves... Emmet and Lucy (AKA Wyldstyle) are the Stars of the movie so it's good, for both kids and collectors alike, to get them both in such a cheap set. 


We get the first class printing we expect from an official LEGO product on both front and back, as well as alternative 'Aww' faces for when they see the sparkle babies.


I love both these figures, they are already pride of place in my current modular row display. I thought the small containers were meant to be the baby's bottles but apparently they are smoothies for Emmet and Lucy!


We get 2 sparkle babies included in this set. One dressed in green, and one in pink. We also get the aforementioned Brick built star 'figure' who can also give a ride to one of the babies.



Bonus!   

While picking up this set I also grabbed an individual blind bag from the new CMF series. (Series 19 already!)



I got the female Mummy (One of the four I most wanted from this series) who will likely go in my 'clone' version of the Monster Fighters house, when I get around to putting it together)

She has a fantastic print on both sides of her torso as well as her arms and legs, as well as an alternate face featuring a golden mask.



She comes with a Golden scorpion piece for accessory. I really love the detailing in her printing.


It's always good to add more minifigs to my ever growing collection... I'll end today's update with a quick shot of Edna K welcoming this unlikely Trio to their new home 😆


Work had already begun on my next modular building which will be the Sunshine Hotel from Lepin so check back soon for an update... thanks for looking.


Comments