Bricks, bricks and more bricks!

Just a quick update to show the accumulation of parts that has been happening in the Block City Reviews household....

My second Hsanhe coffee shop set showed up from ebay. This one came in the retail box which is definitely a novelty for a Chinese brick set..


This appears to be a be a later revision of this particular set... and I was a little dismayed to discover that the sticker sheet has been changed to appear less copyright infringing.


So gone, is the Starbucks style logo on the left, replaced with a generic brick man logo. Not sure if I will use this sticker now on my Corner Cafe MOC. I will see....

I added the female head to the second Barista for a bit of variety in my staff.


I also received a delivery of road plates and dark grey tiles so I can begin expanding my city display.



And while I'm still waiting for delivery on my lepin brick bank, I was lucky enough to drop on a local seller who was offloading 2 used lepin sets that tend to be more expensive. So I now have both the Sunshine Hotel (Set 15018) and the Barnes and Noble (Set 15017)

These sets are bigger than most of the regular modulars!

These are huge sets and open up some options for me as regard to my MOC'ing of the Cafe Corner (the top floor of the B&N set has a Starbucks inside it).

I got these for a very good price and even if I dont use them in my city as per the instructions, the pieces will come in handy for MOC builds.

Look for reviews on these sets in the coming weeks as I will at least build them using the instructions once before I MOC or re-purpose them.

Aliexpress Road Plates




Comments