Lepin 15017 Barnes and Noble modular conversion - Complete


This is my final update on this conversion...  going forward I may make some small additional changes but I'm 99.9% done on this project.

In this post, will be showing the completed building, floor by floor.

The Ground floor has seen some changes since my WIP pics. I removed the bookcases under the stairs and that's now the location of the cash register where customers can pay for there books and magazines..








The double escalators have been swapped out for a single flight of stairs, even with some alterations they still look a little like escalators, and they're pretty steep too! They may be the aspect of this build I'm least happy with it, and I may still end up swapping them out for regular stair pieces.

The 1st floor is again fully tiled and houses the majority of the bookcases and another magazine rack, as well as a small seating area for 2 minifigs to relax.






The staircases actually look much better when the 1st floor is attached to the ground floor.



The second floor contains the final bookcase, The toy shelves and the customer service desk... behind this is a small store room for the employees, with some boxes of product that have yet to be unpacked.






I'll finish off with some pics of the finished building next to some other modular sets...

In terms of colour scheme, it sits really nicely alongside the Town Hall and the Palace Cinema


Height wise, this is still a huge building! It's easily on par with the Town Hall. Being as it's modular, it's easy enough to remove a floor which brings it closer in scale to most of the other modulars in terms of height.


After such a dramatic reduction in size from the original set, I'm left with a fairly substantial amount of leftovers including the entirety of the Starbucks. There is a lot here that will be useful in future MOC projects.



So that's it!

I've enjoyed this build. It's my first MOC/MOD on this scale and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out

Going forward my Brick Bank modular set has now arrived and I still have the Sunshine Hotel waiting to be built. So please check back soon for more updates.






Comments